Saturday, September 15, 2018

Vegan Banana Split

OK.  I’m feeling a little guilty today about my post because it’s the final “free from” post and I’m posting a free from lactose banana split, for my lactose intolerant friends and family, including Mr. DV.  Of course it’s free from lactose - this is a vegan food blog.



1 banana, sliced in half lengthwise
3 scoops of vegan ice cream, in your favourite flavour
Vegan caramel sauce or agave syrup
Vegan chocolate sauce - I just melted some fair trade chocolate chips in a zip lock bag
Vegan coconut whipped cream
Walnuts
Maraschino cherries



Split the banana lengthwise, then lay three scoops of any flavour vegan ice cream between the two halves.  Drizzle the ice cream with  the caramel and chocolate sauces, sprinkle with nuts and top with whipped cream and a cherry or two.

I really should get a banana split dish.

2 comments:

  1. And they are especially nice when it’s sweltering outside like it is now in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...