Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Inspiring Cookbooks



I’m an unabashed vegan cookbook collector: I have three full or partial shelves of vegan cookbooks chez moi, and I also have 34 vegan cookbooks that are e-books so they’re on my iPad and can travel with me. 











It would be hard for me to select a single book that is my favourite or that inspires my cookery because I’ve borrowed from all of them, but the only one I’ve purchased twice Is John Robbins May All Be Fed. I purchased it twice because I had mislaid it and was upset about it.  By the time that happened, the book was out of print and i had to purchase it from an old books reseller on-line, but it was totally worth it.  Now I have a copy for my house and my summer cottage.




One of the reasons why I absolutely needed to re-purchase the John Robbins book was for the Oatmeal Apple Ginger cookies.  They are absolutely superb in every way.  I just love them.  I believe they were an invention of John’s son.









2 comments:

  1. I'm also an avid collector of cookbooks - I've never heard of May All Be Fed though, I'll have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first all-vegan cookbook as opposed to vegetarian cookbooks that had vegan recipes in them. You can get a used paperback copy on amazon.ca for $1.98. I know you’re overseas but you might be able to find it on amazon.co.uk

      Delete

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...