Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Artist Inspired

Today’s theme is Artist Inspired food and I’ve just seen an Instagram post where someone has decorated a cake to look like Van Gogh’s Starry Night.  It’s fabulous and I am feeling a little inadequate as a result.




I chose to make a Jackson Pollack inspired project.  The canvas for my modern art was a pan of Rice Krispies squares made with vegan Dandies marshmallows.






I used the recipe that is on the Vegan Dandies Website. I pressed the squares into my vintage Blue Heaven glass pan.





Then I coloured some plain icing with food colouring and piped it randomly over the squares.



It looks a bit like mess but my taster-in-chief said they were just fine, and that the icing was a nice touch.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I think there's no shame in not producing Starry Night - as someone with no artistic ability, I think yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...