Sunday, February 1, 2015

Rawlicious - Delicious!

Yesterday I went for lunch at Rawlicious, a raw food and vegan restaurant in Whitby, Ontario.  I went with my father and one of my sisters.

The restaurant is very warm and inviting on the inside, and we were greeted pleasantly be a member of the waitstaff.  The tables and chairs were decently spaced, and of a pleasant and/or comfy design.

My father ordered the sweet potato fritters that came with a spicy dip.   We shared them and the verdict was very positive.



My sister ordered the zucchini noodles bolognese with nut loaf crumbles and marinara sauce.  It came in a very large bowl - she ate it all!  She said it was fantastic, and I can concur because I had a small bit of it as well.



I ordered the cannelloni - spiralize zucchini stuffed with cashew cheese and pesto - it was really tasty, and very good.  It came with a side salad - I had mine with vegan ranch dressing - and that was a nice counterpoint to the cannelloni.



For dessert, my sister had the cheesecake of the day, and I had the salted caramel square.   The cheesecake was good, but the salted caramel square was utterly sublime.  Vegans don't always get to find a good caramel - this one was fantastic.  My only regret was that I didn't buy a few extra to take home to have later in the day.



Would I go again? Absolutely - I'm adding this restaurant to my list of favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...