Wednesday, September 12, 2018

No Sugar Added Ice Cream



This is a quick and easy recipe that my sister gave to me a few years back.  I’ve been thinking about it a bit lately and with this particular prompt on Vegan Mofo, I thought it would ba a good time to try it.

You really won’t find a simpler ice cream recipe.

You will need:
2 bananas cut into small pieces and frozen

1 cup of frozen cherries

I tsp of vanilla

A bit of non-dairy milk if needed to make the ice cream smoother



Place the banana and the cherries in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and whirl it until the fruit is smooth.  You can add a teaspoon of vanilla if you like and a bit of non-dairy milk towards the end of the process to make the ice cream smoother.

That’s it.



If there are any leftovers, you can put them in a sealed container and put it in the freezer for a few days.


4 comments:

  1. Yes it is. I wasn’t expecting it to take so long in my food pro though. I’d like to try it with other fruits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love frozen fruit "ice cream" it is so yummy

    ReplyDelete

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...