Sunday, August 4, 2019

Easy Cake







This is a super easy-to-make cake to that has only two ingredients: a box of spice cake mix (most cake mixes are accidentally vegan) and a 12 ounce can of pop.  That’s it.









You empty the cake mix into a bowl, pour in the pop, stir until the cake and pop are combined (the pop will fizz a bit at the start but that’s ok), pour it into a prepared cake pan - I used two 8 inch square pans - and put it into the oven for 20 minutes.  

I made a simple butter cream icing, put some between the layers and the rest on top. 

I was admiring the results when a neighbour came over with coffee, so we sat in the yard with coffee and cake. What better way to spend a Sunday evening.



You could also use a different flavour of cake mix and different types of pop. 



2 comments:

  1. Woah, that cake looks amazing, especially with the butter cream icing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. It was easy to make. Maybe a little crumbly but still tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...