Friday, May 23, 2014

Can't Sleep

This doesn't happen to me very often: a sleepless night.  Generally speaking, I fall asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow and wake up only intermittently for very short periods of time.

Tonight I was asleep by 9:30 p.m. and then I woke up at 12:30 a.m. and have been awake ever since!  After tossing and turning for two hours, I decided to get up and read.  While reading, I thought I would make a blog entry.  The truth is, I am really tired, and now I'm afraid that if I lay down, I will not be able to get up in the morning.  Five o'clock comes pretty quickly when you are short of sleep!

I've decided to make a cup of tea because tea both relaxes me and energizes me.  My favourite teas? Irish Breakfast by Twinings, and Maritime Breakfast Tea by Just Us, which is a fair trade tea.  I also like the tea I bought in Rwanda.  I'm down to my last four tea bags of that, but I will be buying more this summer when I return to Rwanda.  I don't imagine I will return to Rwanda a third time, so I will have to buy a huge supply, several boxes at least.

I steep my tea for four minutes, and enjoy it with a touch of President's Choice Original Soy Milk. It's the best soy milk I have ever found: has a mild taste which does not overpower the tea, and it's a nice pale colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Warmer-upper

This is an update of a post that was originally written in 2014. This is one of my go-to winter soups. I had some squash in my freezer lef...